Friday, May 22, 2009

Saving Money

I have used coupons before...rather sporadically. It seemed like too much work with very little savings. I was introduced to a blog about couponing a few months back. The young lady who writes the blog
http://www.daisysdeals.blogspot.com/2009/01/welcome-to-daisys-deals.html, does a great job helping you think about how to be more frugal and how simple and beneficial this couponing thing can be. The first 3 weeks I kept up with my savings, which came to $67.00. I began reading her blog weekly as well as other blogs that she follows.

Some of these blogs tell you exactly what the specials are by store and where to find the coupons. The major benefit is in stacking coupons....a term I did not know before reading these blogs. Stacking coupons means.....

If you find an item on sale at Wal Mart, a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon, you could likely get the item for free. Or even better the store may even have to pay you to purchase. Yesterday at Walgreens, Reynolds Wrap was on sale for 89 cents. I had a coupon for $1.00. After tax was added, the clerk ended up paying me 6 cents to purchase the Reynolds Wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment