Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Great Find

I sit at a desk all day. By 10 every morning my low back and shoulders were stiff and painful. One of my coworkers had this odd looking chair....a ball chair. It is a frame with wheels that holds an exercise ball. After much hesitation I ordered this chair. When the chair arrived I opened the box and thought I had made a terrible mistake. In the box was the frame, the ball and a pump to put air in the ball.

I put the chair together in less than 10 minutes. It looked as though it was going to sit to low. As I looked around at coworkers sitting at their computer, they were hunched over with their arms and hands up too high when they were typing. So that was why my back and shoulders were hurting by 10 every morning.

The ball chair does sit lower, but ergonomically correct. After a couple of weeks it felt normal to sit lower. Actually much better.

The low back and shoulder stiffness I was dealing with everyday is a thing of the past. I love, love, love this chair. I paid $100.00 for this chair about 3 years ago and I have not looked back. I purchased mine from Gaiam.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment