Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Great Recipe for Adults and Kids

I am not a lover of meatloaf.  Mostly because they are often so soggy.  My friend gave me a recipe for a great meatloaf.  You cook the meatloaf in muffin tins.  Not soggy at all. My grandchildren loved it and so did I. The kids love the size.  They can pick up and eat like a muffin.

Mini Meatloafs

2 lbs. hamburger-I use extra lean
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk

Sauce

1/2 cup ketschup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine meatloaf ingredients, mix thoroughly.  Spray muffin tins with Pam.  Fill each cup just above  1/2 way.  Press down.  Usually makes 24 muffins.

Mix together sauce ingredients-I double the sauce recipe.  Spoon into each muffin cup.

Bake 20-25 minutes.  Great topped with grated cheese and put back in the oven for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment